Who can you sue?
Facebook users can only sue people they are friends with.
Twitter users can sue anyone on twitter.
Who can be on the Jury? PICTURE
You can select your side of the jury in three different ways. (The plaintiff and defendant have the same opportunity to pick their sides of the jury)
Anyone can vote, even random people that might be sitting in a basement somewhere.
Your facebook friends:
Only your facebook friends can sit on the jury.
You can hand pick who you want to be on the jury.
How does a complaint/trial appear on facebook? PICTURE
The complaint is posted on the defendants wall. ??? borde va mer
How long does a trial last? PICTURE
You can choose between having a 24 hour, 48 hour or a week long trial. If all jury members have voted the trial is adjourned.
Are verdicts legally binding in any way?
I just got sued, on totally false grounds, is there any way i can have the case removed?
No, not yet. You can always choose to not reply to a complaint and remove it from your feed/wall.
What happens if there is an equal amount of votes for the plaintiff and defendant?
If there is a 50/50 vote the verdict goes in favor of the defendant.
What happens if a defendant does not reply to a complaint?
If the defendant has not replied within the 24h response limit, the trial will go on without their testimony.
How is compensation received?
When the trial is adjourned the defendant is notified that he needs to contact the plaintiff to arrange for the compensation to take place.
Who can see my trial?
You can choose between two options on who can see your trial, either Everyone (that's everyone on the internet) or just the selected jury and the defendant.
Terms of service
Webunal reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Webunal may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Webunal can remove any content or information you post on Webunal if we believe that it violates this statement;
1. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user on or through Webunal.
2. You will not post content that: is untrue, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy or protected data, hateful, racist or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence or otherwise objectionable.
3. You will not post anything that may infringe upon someone elses rights, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, including any content that is the subject of any claim of infringement.
4. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications on or through Webunal.
5. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Webunal, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
6. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
7. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
8. You will not use Webunal to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
9. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Webunal.
10. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- By Webunal we mean the features and services we make available.
- By "content" we mean anything you post on Webunal.
- By "post" we mean post on Webunal or otherwise make available to us.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
The views and opinions published on this site do not necessarily reflect those of the creators of webunal.com. Reference to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by the owners of the site. Nor shall any information or statements contained on this website be used for the purposes of advertising, or to imply an endorsement or recommendation. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. You specifically acknowledge that the owners of webunal.com are not liable for your defamatory, offensive, infringing or illegal materials or conduct, or that of third parties, and the owners of webunal.com reserve the right to remove such materials from www.webunal.com without liability.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event shall the owner or any of its directors, employees or agents have any liability whatsoever to any person for any direct or indirect loss, liability, cost, claim, expense or damage of any kind, whether in contract or in tort, including negligence, or otherwise, arising out of or related to the use by you of all or part of this web site.
USERS OF THIS SITE ASSUMES TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR USE OF THE SITE. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. OWNER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE.
Webunal abides to the Facebook Platform Policies as well as the Twitter API Terms of service.
By Log in on to Webunal using Twitter and/or Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
Any information provided to us, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the service requested by the customer.
By giving us access to your Facebook account you allow our service to (through your interaction) :
- Use your profile picture
- Use your facebook name
- See who is in your friends list & post on their wall
- Post on your wall
By giving us access to your Twitter account you allow our service to (through your interaction) :
- Use your profile picture.
- Post in your feed.
- Post @ other twitter users.
This policy was last modified on 11/20/2010